What are cookies?
We use the term "cookies" to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically. An "Internet Cookie" (term also known as "browser cookie" or "HTTP cookie" or "cookie") represents a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed. Cookies are installed by the request issued by a web server to a browser (eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a fixed lifetime, remaining "passive", in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed. A cookie consists of two parts: – the name of the cookie; and – the content or value of the cookie. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
For what purposes are cookies used through this website:
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services adapted to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely for:
- improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while users are visiting/using it;
- providing anonymous statistics about how this website is used to [website owner], as the owner of this website;
- anticipation of possible goods that will be made available to users through this website in the future, depending on the services / products accessed.
- the language in which a web page is viewed;
- the currency in which certain prices or tariffs are expressed;
- facilitating access to users' accounts;
- posting comments on the site.
What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifetime:
- Session cookies – A "session cookie" is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A "persistent" or "fixed cookie" is a cookie that remains stored on the user's terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which can be in a few minutes, days or several years in the future ) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties? [Note: To be kept only if cookies provided by third parties are used]
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided by third parties, i.e. not by the [website owner], in which case these cookies are called cookies placed by third parties ("third party cookies "). Third party cookie providers must also comply with data protection rules and the GDPR Policy. These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics, Facebook.
Which cookies are used through this website:
By using/visiting the website, the following cookies may be placed: a. Website performance cookies; b. User analysis cookies; c. Cookies for geotargetting; d. Registration cookies; e. Cookies for advertising; f. Cookies of advertising providers;
a. Performance cookies: With this type of cookie, the preferences of the user of this website are saved, so that setting the preferences again in the case of subsequent visits to the website is no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies: These cookies inform us if a particular user of the website has visited/used this website before. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
c. Cookies for geotargetting: These cookies are used by a software that determines the country of origin of the user of the internet page. You will receive the same ads regardless of the selected language.
e. Cookies for advertising: These cookies make it possible to find out whether a user viewed an online advertisement, its type and the time elapsed since viewing the respective advertising message. As such, such cookies are used for online advertising targeting. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the content viewed, not about the users.
What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows the browser to be recognized. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
Customizing your browser settings regarding cookies
How can cookies be turned off?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, leading to limitations in its usability. Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a specific web page. All modern browsers offer the possibility to change cookie settings. These settings can usually be accessed in the "options" section or in the "preferences" menu of your browser. However, refusing or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising - only that it will not be adapted to your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior. To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org</a >